Real Life Counselling
Mental Wellbeing, Online
Lyndell has many years’ experience in counselling and therapy, supporting individuals and families facing challenges to their mental and emotional health, problems at work, parenting and relationship difficulties. She has worked closely with men, women, children and young people affected by complex and traumatic situations such as domestic abuse, separation and co-parenting, childhood abuse or adversity and major losses. Lyndell’s clients come from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, spiritual faiths, sexual and gender identities. And she has worked with people in transition to a new sense of self, environment or culture.
Real Life Counselling is a supportive space to explore your questions and concerns about the realities facing you and your loved ones. As well as dealing with external sources of stress, you may become more aware of your personal outlook, the experiences that inform this and any ‘default programming’ or patterns you have learnt in relating to yourself and others.
Doing this reflective work within a safe and professional therapeutic relationship, where you feel accepted and understood, is powerfully beneficial. It can open you up to greater self-acceptance and empower you to be more authentically yourself. You will be supported to practise new skills and strategies with yourself and others which help you access states of wellbeing, nurturing your development both personally and professionally.
Lyndell describes the Real Life Counselling approach:
- I believe that building the right therapeutic relationship together is central to positive change and growth. My approach is to work respectfully alongside you, always considering your concerns and choices, to find the way forward.
- I bring a trauma-informed perspective and work in an integrative way, combining person-centred and experiential therapy with other approaches relevant to your specific needs. These include attachment theory, emotion focused therapy, narrative therapy, empathic anger management and somatic or body-based approaches to nervous system regulation and trauma recovery.
- When counselling parents, I also draw on my knowledge and training in child and adolescent development, systemic family therapy, and attachment-based parenting programs such as Tuning in to Kids, Tuning in to Teens, and Circle of Security Parenting.
- Where you are concerned about a relationship or family member, we will explore the dynamics and interactions that are happening and use information and strategies to improve communication, re-establish boundaries, and reset or repair your relationship.
Book a free initial chat with Lyndell today to see how she can help. Or contact her on 0403 692 403.
HealthyLife works with Peregianblue to provide a platform to connect you with service providers. Service providers have sole responsibility for their services, products and information, and are independent of HealthyLife. Ratings are based on reviews via peregianblue.com.
Counselling Session - Online/Telephone
- Current Price
- 1 hr
- Sunday (today)
- BA Behavioural Sciences (Sociology)
PG Dip Counselling
- Online Services